Hi there! I’m Tehrene, a New York City-based writer, editor, social media manager, and digital content strategist.
I won’t tell you my life story, but I definitely wasn’t born a city girl. I grew up in Iowa in a town of 1,500 people, and it’s weird to say I now live in a city of millions. (8.5 million, to be exact.) Instead of spending my weekends catching frogs and/or running around the nearest Walmart for fun, I’m now living out my dream in a city that always seemed totally unreachable.
So, why exactly did I make the move to the Big Apple after college? I either wanted to become a dolphin trainer or a writer, and the writing part won. (It was a close call, by the way.)
After getting my start in the Hollywood-obsessed world of J-14 magazine then moving to Teen Vogue as the digital entertainment editor, I wanted to try my hand in another beat: health and fitness. Today, I’m at Dr. Oz The Good Life building up the brand’s social media presence and writing about everything from diet and fitness tips to the latest food and beauty trends. But since work, work, work can get a little boring, here are some other things you should know about me.
1. I have an adorable fluffy dog named Trixie.
2. I can probably beat you in Guitar Hero.
3. I once danced in the Nutcracker with the Minnesota Ballet.
4. I got my start in journalism in 6th grade thanks to my local newspaper.
5. I could live off of noodles, Chinese food, and tacos.
6. I love plants but most of the ones in my apartment are fake. (Aka impossible to kill.)
7. I once had a really great chat with Steve Carell about pie.
8. I want to adopt a cow someday. And maybe a couple pigs.
9. I could watch The Office and How I Met Your Mother over and over again.
10. The first website I ever made was all about dolphins, bubbly cursor trail and all.